Things to do
The surrounding beauty with views of the mountains and the sea create a very relaxing environment. The peace and quiet is almost infectuous.
In the Area
The town is within walking distance or a short drive. It offers great eateries from coffee shops to restaurants.
Supermarkets and other food service providers offer all one would need for a self catering cottage.
We offer a short sign-posted walk of approximately 900m that takes you through the Fynbos where we have identified a number of species for your interest. This gives interested persons a real experience of being within this famous biome.
Birds abound and there are many species seldom seen elsewhere in our country like the orange breasted sunbird and the cape sugar bird.
A list is available in the room.
The main beach in the town allows for a great day in the sun. There are two main seaside walks; One on the beach or one along the front of the town following the structured walkways that wind thru the coastal vegetation and rocks. Whales are seen all year in front of the town and along the beach and more regularly in the Whale season. A great variety of aquatic birds are seen in these stretches. A second beach is situated on the Palmiet river 6km’s away. This too is a beautiful sport worth the visit.
Surrounding Kleinmond there is a number of recreational options:
- Rooi Sand Nature Reserve and birders delight is only 7km’s away. Coming soon will be Elephant rides on the adjacent property.
- Kogelberg Nature Reserve offers wonderful walks and mountain bike routes in this pristine Fynbos Reserve.
- Harold Porter National Botanical Garden 15km’s away in the town of Betty’s Bay. It offers wonderful mountain side walks/hikes and has an excellent restaurant attached.
- Elgin, its market at the week-end and various fruit and wine farms offers great attraction to the worthy vacationer!!
- Wine Estates abound in the area all within a 15 to 30km radius.
- Between Kleinmond and Hermanus is the Bot River and the Heumel and Harder Valley. The valley is full of wine farms and a multitude of attractions.
- Three golf courses are available in the area. In Kleinmond there is a 10-hole course that is in wonderful condition. Down the road is Arabella Golf Estate with a top-class course and in Hermanus there is an 18-hole course.
For GROUP Bookings
...please feel free to complete the form and we will contact you